Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Red Tape

Well, now is as good a time as any to start blogging... I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and finally decided to get to it.


I am really looking forward to my trip to India in December! Will see my family again - my mom, my brother and his wife and their beautiful baby girl (my brother is too lazy to put up pictures of her so all I have seen of her are the first hours after birth), my crazy cousins in bombay and the rest of my awesome family! Looking forward to seeing Mish and Huz as well - I spoke to Mish recently and it felt like we never lost touch! Also, B will be travelling to India with me - this is the first time she is visiting India and I hope she has a fun time as well... hopefully she will get to see and enjoy South India and Bombay (while I reminisce)...

Anyway, it was all awesome until I discovered the red tape surrounding travel documents (to fly in and out of India) - It can be a cumbersome, stressful experience that may jeopardize the entire trip. I have to visit the US Consulate in India and there are no appointments available till March 2006!?!

I really hope all this works out soon and I get to go home next month... It really has been a long time since I have been home - ever since my brothers wedding - I am sure a lot has changed but, hopefully, everything remains the same...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. It is very good start.

Anonymous said...

By the way, are you gonna be along for the trip of India? Someone is interested. Put more pictures from India. We like those. Good for your trip and your family. We expect you have a nice family reunion and ...

Anonymous said...

red tape? what is that? how did you manage this kind issue in your previous trips?

anyway, congratulations for the grand openning of your blog! update it everyday!

Sneaksleep said...

Welcome to blogland, sweetie!!! Red tape sucks, but I have faith that this particular situation will all work out OK. I'm excited for the India trip too! Love you...

Anonymous said...

got the msg - rheas pics will reach you today